About Direct Color Systems®
Leading Manufacturer and Distributor of Small-Format, Direct-to-Substrate Printers
Direct Color Systems® (DCS) is a U.S.-based world leader in engineering, manufacturing and marketing small-format, direct-to-substrate UV LED inkjet printers and solvent inkjet printers. Our flatbed inkjet printers utilize cutting-edge technology to deliver rich, full-color images directly onto rigid materials such as plastic, metal, wood, glass, ceramic tile and vinyl. DCS printers currently accommodate substrates up to 13" x 24" x 6" tall (330mm x 607mm x 152mm), making them a great solution for digital decorating.
DCS additionally offers small-format flexible media/roll printers and thermal ribbon badge printers. Combined with a complete line of printing supplies – from advanced RIP software and durable, highly versatile UV and solvent inks to blank substrates and other accessories – DCS offers unique benefits for the name badge, signage, labeling and awards industries. Our desktop printers can serve as replacements for traditional screen printing, pad printing and part marking equipment. Find out more about our different printer technologies and applications here.
In addition to our standard printer models, DCS offers custom engineering and manufacturing services for inkjet printers for a wide variety of applications, allowing easy printing onto everything from finished parts to raw materials and textiles. Learn the benefits of having DCS create a printer specifically for your marketplace needs.
With our Europe, Asia and Africa (EAA) office as well as distributors located in more than 30 different countries around the world, thousands of DCS printers have been placed into service internationally since the company was founded in 1995.
"Creating Customer Profitability through Continual Innovation."
DCS is based in central Connecticut (USA) at 99 Hammer Mill Road in Rocky Hill. Get driving directions here.
DCS also has an EAA office in Porto, Portugal to service customers in Europe, Asia and Africa. Contact Rui Carvalho at our EAA office at email@example.com.
- Blair Allen, President
- Blair has been involved with the plastics business for more than 15 years and with DCS since its inception. Blair's knowledge of the printing and sheet plastic industry coupled with his domestic and international contact base is extremely valuable to DCS in bringing new and innovative products to market.
- Bill Allen, Chief Operating Officer
- Bill has more than 15 years of management experience in various industries and start-up companies. Bill's primary responsibilities are corporate finances along with day-to-day operations and sales of materials.
- Gene Musicus, Vice President of Technical Services
- Gene has been with the company since 1997. He came to DCS from New Hermes Corporation, where he headed the technical and service division. Gene's equipment knowledge and customer service skills bring a great deal of comfort to the distributors and customers around the world.
- Steve Chamberland, Product Design/Engineering, Manufacturing Mgr.
- For nearly three decades, Steve has designed machinery for office and light industrial applications. Connecticut-based Gerber and Scan Optics are two of his most notable former employers. Steve is a graduate of Porter and Chester Institute, with additional Engineering studies at Central Connecticut State University. Steve is the Mechanical Product Designer and also manages the day-to-day engineering and manufacturing efforts at DCS.
- Rui Carvalho, Director of Sales and Business Development EAA (Europe, Asia, and Africa)
- Rui brings with him nearly 20 years of experience in the graphic arts industry as a distributor/dealer of different types of digital printing equipment for offset, screen, pad and large-format printing. His thorough knowledge of many major printer manufacturers enables him to offer solutions for a wide variety of printing applications.
- David Pitzen, Director of Sales (USA and Canada)
- Dave brings to DCS over thirty years of experience in the printing industry. He is the previous owner of Cortron Corporation, a graphic arts pre-press equipment and software manufacturer. Dave's goal has always been to provide innovative, high-quality products for the graphic arts industry at the lowest possible cost, along with outstanding customer service and technical support.