About Direct Color Systems®
Leading Manufacturer and Distributor of Small-Format, Direct-to-Substrate Printers
Direct Color Systems® (DCS) is a U.S.-based world leader in engineering, manufacturing and marketing small-format, direct-to-substrate UV LED inkjet printers and solvent inkjet printers. Our flatbed inkjet printers utilize cutting-edge technology to deliver rich, full-color images directly onto both rigid and flexible substrates. DCS printers currently accommodate substrates up to 13" x 24" x 6" tall (330mm x 607mm x 152mm), making them a great solution for digital decorating.
DCS additionally offers small-format flexible media/roll printers and thermal ribbon badge printers. Combined with a complete line of printing supplies – from advanced RIP software and durable, highly versatile UV and solvent inks to blank substrates and other accessories – DCS offers unique benefits for the signage, ad specialty, manufacturing, name badge, labeling and awards industries. Our desktop printers can serve as replacements for traditional screen printing, pad printing and part marking equipment. Find out more about our different printer technologies and applications here.
In addition to our standard printer models, DCS offers custom engineering and manufacturing services for inkjet printers for a wide variety of applications, allowing easy printing onto everything from finished parts to raw materials and textiles. Learn the benefits of having DCS create a printer specifically for your marketplace needs.
With our Europe, Asia and Africa (EAA) office as well as distributors located in more than 30 different countries around the world, thousands of DCS printers have been placed into service internationally since the company was founded in 1995.
"Creating Customer Profitability through Continual Innovation."
DCS is based in central Connecticut (USA) at 99 Hammer Mill Road in Rocky Hill. Get driving directions here.
DCS also has an EAA office in Porto, Portugal to service customers in Europe, Asia and Africa. Contact Rui Carvalho at our EAA office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Blair Allen, President
- Blair has been involved with the plastics business for more than 20 years and with DCS since its inception. Blair's knowledge of the printing and sheet plastic industry coupled with his domestic and international contact base is extremely valuable to DCS in bringing new and innovative products to market.
- Bill Allen, Chief Operating Officer
- Bill has more than 20 years of management experience in various industries and start-up companies. Bill's primary responsibilities are corporate finances along with day-to-day operations and sales of materials.
- Rui Carvalho, Director of Sales and Business Development EAA (Europe, Asia, and Africa)
- Rui brings with him nearly 20 years of experience in the graphic arts industry as a distributor/dealer of different types of digital printing equipment for offset, screen, pad and large-format printing. His thorough knowledge of many major printer manufacturers enables him to offer solutions for a wide variety of printing applications.
- David Pitzen, Director of Sales (USA and Canada)
- Dave brings to DCS over 30 years of experience in the printing industry. He is the previous owner of Cortron Corporation, a graphic arts pre-press equipment and software manufacturer. Dave's goal has always been to provide innovative, high-quality products for the graphic arts industry at the lowest possible cost, along with outstanding customer service and technical support.
- Steve Chamberland, Product Development and Engineering Manager
- For nearly three decades, Steve has designed machinery for office and light industrial applications. Connecticut-based Gerber and Scan Optics are two of his most notable former employers. Steve is a graduate of Porter and Chester Institute, with additional Engineering studies at Central Connecticut State University. Steve is the Mechanical Product Designer and also manages the day-to-day engineering efforts at DCS.
- Michael Del Sesto, Director of Manufacturing and Technical Services
- Mike brings to DCS a background and education that includes a successful progression in a variety of leadership positions in engineering, manufacturing, process improvement, technical services, and production quality. In addition, Mike brings experience in supply chain management, resource maximization, and lean manufacturing. He holds a Bachelor of Science in Industrial Technology Engineering and a Masters in Business Management. His most recent position prior to DCS was with Proton Energy Systems where he was Director of Technical Services.
- Chris Gaulin, Tech Out and Quality Control Manager
- Chris brings to DCS an extensive knowledge of quality control processes and procedures as well as quality management systems. Chris' knowledge and experience helps to ensure that all of the products shipping from DCS are of the highest quality. Prior to joining DCS, Chris was a secondary education English teacher and Athletic Director. Chris earned his Bachelor of Science Degree in English from Keene State College and his Masters of Science for Teachers Degree from SUNY Plattsburgh.
- Ronnie LaRochelle, Inventory Control Manager
- Ronnie brings to DCS over 12 years of experience working as a Purchaser and Document Control Manager. Prior to joining DCS, Ronnie worked for Honeywell Analytics as an Operations Analyst. Working as the site's MRO/Tools Buyer, Ronnie was responsible for the procurement of all expensed tools and supplies for the site. He also worked as a Document Control Manager, creating and maintaining all manufacturing instructions and product documentation. A Six Sigma Green Belt, Ronnie brings knowledge and experience of working in a Lean manufacturing environment to his role at DCS.
- Gene Musicus, Technical Support Manager
- Gene has been with the company since 1997. He came to DCS from New Hermes Corporation, where he headed the technical and service division. Gene's equipment knowledge and customer service skills bring a great deal of comfort to DCS distributors and customers around the world.
- Michael Perrelli, Lead Generation and Acquisition Manager
- Joining the team towards the end of 2013, Michael brings almost 10 years of marketing experience to his role at DCS. In addition to managing the development and implementation of lead generation programs, Michael is responsible for managing all of DCS's marketing activities, communications, and strategies. His previous positions include the management of strategic marketing and lead generation tactics for a range of companies including manufacturing consulting services, consumer product goods, and ambulatory surgery center software. Michael earned his Bachelor of Science Degree in Marketing from the University of Rhode Island.
- Rachel Sutherland, Human Resources Director
- Rachel brings to DCS more than 15 years of experience as a human resources and business management professional. Prior to joining DCS, Rachel owned a successful business that specialized in providing coaching to a wide variety of professionals and business executives, positioning them to achieve success. She brings experience that includes recruitment, employee relations, coaching and development, training facilitation, organizational development, and policy creation and implementation. Rachel has a Bachelors of Science Degree in Business Management from Bryant College and an MBA from The University of Hartford.