About Direct Color Systems®
Leading Manufacturer and Distributor of Small-Format, Direct-to-Substrate Printers
Direct Color Systems® (DCS) is a U.S.-based world leader in engineering, manufacturing and marketing small-format, direct-to-substrate UV LED inkjet printers and solvent inkjet printers. Our flatbed inkjet printers utilize cutting-edge technology to deliver rich, full-color images directly onto both rigid and flexible substrates. DCS printers currently accommodate substrates up to 13" x 24" x 6" tall (330mm x 607mm x 152mm), making them a great solution for digital decorating.
DCS additionally offers small-format flexible media/roll printers and thermal ribbon badge printers. Combined with a complete line of printing supplies – from advanced RIP software and durable, highly versatile UV and solvent inks to blank substrates and other accessories – DCS offers unique benefits for the signage, ad specialty, manufacturing, name badge, labeling and awards industries. Our desktop printers can serve as replacements for traditional screen printing, pad printing and part marking equipment. Find out more about our different printer technologies and applications here.
In addition to our standard printer models, DCS offers custom engineering and manufacturing services for inkjet printers for a wide variety of applications, allowing easy printing onto everything from finished parts to raw materials and textiles. Learn the benefits of having DCS create a printer specifically for your marketplace needs.
With our Europe, Asia and Africa (EAA) office, as well as distributors located in more than 30 different countries around the world, thousands of DCS printers have been placed into service internationally since the company was founded in 1995.
"Creating Customer Profitability through Continual Innovation."
DCS is based in central Connecticut (USA) at 99 Hammer Mill Road in Rocky Hill. Get driving directions here.
DCS also has an EAA office in Porto, Portugal to service customers in Europe, Asia and Africa. Contact Rui Carvalho at our EAA office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Blair Allen, President
- Over the last 20 years, Co-Founder and President Blair Allen has combined his intense entrepreneurial spirit with his vast knowledge of international sales and business development to work towards the successful and continued expansion of Direct Color Systems. Blair's extensive global network spans 6 continents and more than 30 countries, which has led to the successful development of more than 100 relationships with worldwide partners, distributors and clients. Additionally, Blair's strong, natural gravitation towards innovation has spurred the ongoing development of new and advanced customer-driven products which have produced significant financial results and provided for successful continued company growth.
- Bill Allen, Chief Operating Officer
- Chief Operating Officer Bill Allen joined Direct Color Systems shortly after its inception in 1998, whereby he brought his vast knowledge and background in business development, financial management, capital acquisition, inside sales, purchasing and customer service to the continued development of DCS. Bill graduated from the University of Calgary with a Bachelors degree in Commerce and International Business, with a minor in Economics. Bill applies his talents to the success of the company with strategic leadership and oversight of corporate finance and total DCS operations.
- Michael Del Sesto, Vice President of Operations
- Mike Del Sesto, Vice President of Operations, joined DCS in 2013. Mike's background and education includes more than 20 years of successful progression in a variety of leadership positions in engineering, manufacturing, process improvement, technical services and production quality. Mike's professional experience in supply chain management, resource maximizationand lean manufacturing has led to influential positions leading international service operations teams, high-efficiency engineering teams and short term – high crisis teams. He holds a Bachelor of Science in Industrial Technology Engineering and a Masters in Business Management. Mike applies his talents towards the continued growth and strategic leadership of DCS, where he has oversight of the manufacturing, material fulfillment, quality control and technical support departments.
- Rui Carvalho, Director of Sales and Business Development EAA (Europe, Asia, and Africa)
- Rui Carvalho, Director of Sales and Business Development EAA (Europe, Asia, and Africa), joined Direct Color Systems in 2011. Rui brings with him 20+ years of experience in the graphic arts industry as a distributor/dealer of different types of digital printing equipment for offset, screen, pad and large-format printing. Rui's thorough knowledge of many major printer manufacturers enables him to offer solutions for a wide variety of printing applications. He has developed and cultivated a vast network with multiple relationships that are critical to the success of Direct Color Systems. At DCS, Rui applies his talents toward managing the EAA sales teams with oversight of direct selling and sales, plus the managing and contracting of authorized DCS distributors.
- David Pitzen, Director of Sales (USA and Canada)
- Dave Pitzen, Director of Sales USA and Canada, brings more than 30 years of experience in the printing industry to Direct Color Systems. Dave's extensive background – gained while owner of Cortron Corporation, a graphic arts pre-press equipment and software manufacturer – has positioned him to oversee critical and strategic development of DCS's entire sales operation in the USA and Canada. Dave's goals are focused on providing innovative, high-quality products at the lowest possible cost, along with outstanding customer service and technical support. At DCS, Dave applies his talents to providing comprehensive oversight to all domestic sales teams, which include regional Technical Sales Specialists, Authorized Dealers and Authorized Distributors.
- Steve Bedford, Director of Engineering
- Steve Bedford, Director of Engineering, has more than 25 years of proven experience in the electronics industry, with a strong balance of engineering, operational and business knowledge. In addition, Steve brings specific experience in design engineering, sustaining engineering, manufacturing engineering, quality assurance and project management to DCS. Steve holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from the University of Missouri. Steve applies his talents with oversight for both R&D and sustaining engineering.
- Chris Gaulin, Corporate Training Manager
- Chris brings to DCS an extensive knowledge of quality control processes and procedures, as well as quality management systems. Chris' knowledge and experience helps to ensure that all of the products shipping from DCS are of the highest quality. Prior to joining DCS, Chris was a secondary education English teacher and Athletic Director. Chris earned his Bachelor of Science degree in English from Keene State College and his Masters of Science for Teachers degree from SUNY Plattsburgh.
- Ronnie LaRochelle, Tech Out and Special Cuts Manager
- Ronnie brings to DCS over 12 years of experience working as a Purchaser and Document Control Manager. Prior to joining DCS, Ronnie worked for Honeywell Analytics as an Operations Analyst. Working as the site's MRO/Tools Buyer, Ronnie was responsible for the procurement of all expensed tools and supplies for the site. He also worked as a Document Control Manager, creating and maintaining all manufacturing instructions and product documentation. A Six Sigma Green Belt, Ronnie brings knowledge and experience of working in a Lean Manufacturing environment to his role at DCS.
- Michael Perrelli, Lead Generation and Sales Support Manager
- Michael Perrelli, Lead Generation and Sales Support Manager, joined the Direct Color Systems team towards the end of 2013. Michael brings nearly 10 years of marketing experience to his role at DCS. In addition to managing the development and implementation of lead generation programs, Michael is responsible for managing all of DCS's marketing activities, communications and strategies. His previous positions include the management of strategic marketing and lead generation tactics for a range of companies including manufacturing consulting services, consumer product goods and ambulatory surgery center software. Michael earned his Bachelor of Science degree in Marketing from the University of Rhode Island. In addition to managing all of DCS's marketing activities, Michael also applies his talents to the oversight of the in-house sample production department and the management of domestic trade show logistics.
- Matthew Sands, Product Manager
- Matt joined DCS in 2008 while studying to receive his Bachelors in Economics with a Minor in Business Administration at the University of Connecticut. Upon graduating in 2010, Matt joined DCS full-time, and he has since developed a close working relationship with every department at DCS. During this time, Matt was able to expand his expertise on all of DCS's products, with a specific concentration in software and applications. In his role as Product Manager, Matt uses his experience to oversee the development of new products to ensure DCS continues to engineer and manufacture innovative products that meet the evolving needs of its customers. Matt is currently completing his Master's degree in Business Administration at the University of Connecticut.
- Rachel Sutherland, Human Resources Director
- Rachel Sutherland, Human Resources Director, has applied her background and knowledge to the successful development and standardization of the HR function at DCS since joining the company in 2012. Rachel is an experienced human resources and business management professional, with a successful progression in human resources, business development and workforce management. Rachel's HR specialties include recruitment, employee relations, coaching and development, organizational development and policy creation and implementation. Rachel earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Management from Bryant College and an MBA from The University of Hartford. At DCS, Rachel applies her talents to the continuous development of the entire HR function in support of short- and long-term strategic and operational goals.